A PLACE WHERE WE ALL SHARE RESPONSIBILITY FOR IMPROVING THE LIFE CHANCES OF ALL OUR CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE.
The SGLA aims to ensure learning excellence in all participating schools.
No school is without the supportive help of colleagues working together for the benefit of all.
Learning of all pupils in SGLA schools through:
- Creating inter school networks of shared excellence
- Promoting effective working practises within participating schools
- Providing data analysis and school improvement planning support
- Quality assuring the work of Alliance School Improvement Advisors, including recruitment, training and monitoring of learning outcomes
- Liaising with strategic partners from across the country to maximise educational and financial potential
- Liaising with other learning networks across the country to share highly effective learning strategies
- Reporting learning outcomes to the Local School Standards Board, the School Improvement Partnership Board and other stakeholders
The SGLA will be responsible to a managing board comprised of the following members:
- Chair of the Board, elected from the Headteacher board members
- Headteacher representation from all school hubs as available
- One Local Authority member
- One representative Governor